Through the development of a single, public standard for each product category that all certification bodies can use, industry will be able to utilize their certification to meet multiple customer and retailer needs.
Retailers and manufacturers can point to the ANSI-approved GMP standards as proof of the industry’s commitment to quality, safety and regulatory compliance.
The GRMA is addressing universally supported objectives that retailers and manufacturers have been seeking. The new, ANSI-approved auditing standards are designed to:
- Protect consumer health and safety
- Provide better risk management programs and protect store brand integrity
- Improve the efficiency of retailer/manufacturer interactions
- Create a single audit report that is accepted by all participating retailers
- Create consistency through auditor qualification, training and calibration requirements
- Reduce the number of audits required by retailers
- Reduce manufacturer audit costs (both time and money)
- Give manufacturers time to address continuous improvement